Designed in 1928 by John Gaw Meem, Fuller Lodge was originally the dining hall for the Los Alamos Ranch School. The three-story log structure was the hub of social activity during the Manhattan Project, and later became a county-owned community center. Adjacent to the lodge is the county-owned Los Alamos Historical Museum, which occupies one of the historic houses on Bathtub Row.
In the fall of 2010 Kells + Craig led a multi-disciplinary team in a detailed survey and analysis of the lodge and historical museum to determine their overall condition and life safety and code compliance, with the goal of assuring the long term preservation of the structures. The study recommends, prioritizes, and estimates the costs of remedial work that will bring the structures up to the highest practical levels of safety while preserving their historic fabric.
Work is currently beginning on the first phase of the remedial work.